Distribution Research-Entertainment Weekly

     Entertainment Weekly distributes physical copies of the magazine in the mail.  The magazine publishes monthly issues but a subscriber gets 22 issues a year for ten dollars a month.  The magazine in "monthly" but they do provide more than 12 issues a year which is more than usual and seems like a great deal for $10 a month.  Entertainment Weekly is  very popular magazine and it is probably the first one that comes in mind when thinking about entertainment magazines.  This distribution method is very smart.  Instead of selling monthly issues, they have more than 12 but not weekly that it's too much for the company itself.  They make more customers happy without the drawback on their own spending.  I think I will go his route as well when I distribute my magazine.  I will sell 22 issues a year, about one every two weeks.  This will make customers happy but not too much stress on my company to create new issues every week.


Comments

Popular Posts